Wednesday, April 22, 2015

In Which Yarn Happens

So, there I was, peering into my mailbox, expecting the usual haul of bills and junk mail, when what should I find but a package.  A package that squished.

In addition to taking lovely photos of their vacation trip to Norway, my sister-in-law and her family have acquired souvenir yarn.  It seems that my charming young nephews Jack and Dash thought that Aunt Robin needed yarn.   They know that I knit:
Here they are modeling their Christmas mittens.

I'm thinking that colorwork is in order.  I've been wanting to do a pair of colorwork mittens for myself-- and a Norwegian-style pattern would be quite apropos!

In other news, my traveling socks met some knitting opportunities and got finished all in a rush. I wore them yesterday.

I've cast on the next pair, but I'm having trouble getting a decent photo-  I'm still getting used to the new camera, I think.  Also, it's a yarn that really needs daylight to show off its subtleties.  And since the days this week when it hasn't been pouring, I haven't gotten home until after dark, good light has been in short supply.

Vest, you ask?  Miles of i-cord.  Miles.  *exeunt knitter muttering*

2 comments:

  1. Yarn in the mail???? WHOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete