Sunday, November 21, 2010

Do Cats Like Catnip?

This afternoon was the local weekly knitting group, and we had a new attendee. She had emailed our list earlier in the week saying 'I'm moving and need to get rid of some yarn, would anyone be interested?'. Interested? Do bears live in the woods? Do southerners drink sweet tea? Heck, sure!

So today she showed up with a large bin of yarn, and there was something that resembled a very polite shark feeding frenzy. But efficient...we emptied that bin in nothing flat, divvied it up in an entirely amicable fashion, amidst profuse thanks.

It was all bulkie weight and mostly in colors suitable for unisex hats and mittens. (Yay!) Here's my haul.
new yarn!

I was so excited at the though of knitting a hat that was neither pink nor yellow, I had to cast on right away:
blue ribbed hat.

This may have set a new record for 'shortest time between a skein of yarn entering my house and being turned into an FO'. Clearly, this new influx of yarn is going to be a great help in inflating my project count.

And in other news, I finished the second pair of kid socks yesterday:
more teeny socks

Progress is being made!

2 comments:

  1. Woo-hoo! I knocked out a couple of kid-sized K2P2 hats recently, too, one in a chunky-weight yarn, so I can definitely relate to the fast FO joy!

    ReplyDelete