Tuesday, January 15, 2013

And In With the New

It's going to be another fun year on the craft front. After the large cabled socks, I cast on plain socks in a nice self-patterning yarn from my stash.  These are the first FO of 2013. 
Don't they look great with the new pants I got for Christmas? 
 
There are going to be plenty of socks this year- my sister gave me some more beautiful sock yarn from Deep Water Dye Works for Christmas. 
Pretty stuff.  The flash of white at the top is Cookie, who was keen to be certain they were thoroughly sniffed.

Just before the holidays, I finally got measurements from my sister so I can start on her corset  tank top. I swatched for it over the summer, but it's been on hold ever since while I waited to get her measurements.

I have a pair of fingerless mitts on the needles for a co-worker.

And the rustic Ella Rae sweater is in serious time out; ever since I discovered that I had inadvertantly bought yarn in two different colorways.  Yes, instead of 20 skeins of Navy, I have 10 of black and 10 of navy.   And even more annoying? The colorway that I've been knitting with is the wrong one.  Perfectly infuriating. Now I have to decide if I'm going to spend medium bucks and get enough black to finish the sweater. Or if I'm going to frog the whole thing and redesign in as a two-tone project. The thing is, I don't think I can just tear back the top of the body and change colors. I'd want the darker color on top. Quite annoying. I'm frankly leaning toward frogging and redesigning, because I got this yarn on deep discount, and I really hate the idea of buying a whole bunch more at full price to finish--and then having 10 unused skeins left over.   So, it's currently sulking in the knitting bag until I can bear to look at it again.   

I keep having the vaguely unsatisfied feeling that I want to cast on something else, but I haven't figured out exactly what yet.  Since I couldn't decide, I cast on more socks.  Socks are just never a bad plan.  

 

1 comment: