Monday, January 27, 2014

Moving Right Along

For the first day after I finally got the bulky weight sweater cast off, I just knit socks and reveled in having finally finished something.  See?  Mr. Dress-Up is coming along quite satisfactorily.


And would likely even be done had I not been dividing my attention between him and Ms. Rose Petite. 

Size 5 socks?  They're so fast they practically don't count.

But I have a queue of sweaters that have all been stacked and circling in formation (at least in my mind) behind the bulky weight sweater, so it didn't take me long to get the next project cast on.  This one is going to be a vest, for the friend who gave me this yarn. (She passed on to me a large box of knitting and sewing supplies that had belonged to her mother.)  Her mother had started a sweater for her in it before she went into the nursing home.  It was only part of a back, there was no pattern, and I didn't think it was a good choice for the yarn, which is quite busy, so I'm going with something simpler- the bulk of it will be plain stockinette.   
As you can see, it's a top-down raglan, which I like because I can make a nice long vest if the yarn holds out.  The pattern calls for crochet edging to finish it, but I will likely do something different- I'm thinking picot edging on the armhole edge and the bottom, and some kind of long knitted strip for the front and neck edging.  I've got a couple of ideas, but I'll have to wait and see if they work out.  

1 comment:

  1. Mr. Dress-up is looking great - and we're just about neck and neck in progress!

    ReplyDelete