Sunday, July 9, 2017

This Always Happens to Me

Along about the beginning of summer, I add pool and yard and entertaining and visiting relatives to my agenda, and the blog kind of falls off the map.  And then I get the email from my mom, asking if I'm still alive, and if so, have I given up on the blog?  And well, no.  Because I need to babble about crafts somewhere, so my husband and non-knitting friends don't start giving me The Look.  (You know what I mean, right?)

Anyway- while blogging may have fallen off the map for a while, crafting has only slowed down slightly, on account of it being able to travel.   Yesterday I was at the New Bedford Folk Music Festival, and between that and my husband generously doing all the driving, I got some things finished.   The navy socks:
Yes,  they still don't photograph as dark as they are.

Naturally, I had to start a new pair of socks, in the Cascade Heritage Paint I picked up at Webs a few weeks ago.  Very patriotic, I thought.

I finally wove in all the (zillions of interminable) ends on the green and white baby blanket.
It was so intimidating, I couldn't even think about how many there were.  I just assumed I'd be doing it forever, worked through a bunch, went back to the sock for while, did a bunch more ends.  And eventually I didn't see any more!

Since I brought most of my WIPs with me, I didn't actually get to work on everything, but
I did cast on another mitten, the second one of the pair.


Those will go to join the mittens I made last month, which have already been donated.

There was also a random cotton baby blanket that happened and has already been given away.  It's more of the coned yarn I was given a few years ago, and there's approximately enough of it to knit a cozy for the state of Rhode Island, so you'll be seeing more of it in the future.

As for the rest of the household, they've also been busy.  Here's Cookie, when he was impatiently waiting for guests to arrive for our three-day Fourth of July BBQ.  (Cookie loves company.)

Biscuit has been supervising the construction of a new control panel for my husband's train layout.

And Jake has been busy dodging photographers and stalking my dinner plate.  (He has an inexplicable passion for tomato sauce.  I keep telling him that he's a carnivore, but it never discourages him.)

Anyway, I haven't forgotten the England photos, but I'm still working on the captioning, so those will be up in a future post.   Hope you're having a wonderfully crafty summer- and a good time, whatever you're up to.

2 comments:

  1. That's a great pile of finishes! Especially that baby blanket!

    Love seeing all the kitties (except Jack... Rocky had a thing for romaine lettuce.... cat are weird.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJuly 09, 2017

    What is it with blue and purple? It can be SO hard for cameras to get the color right. In any case ... the socks look great.

    Awwwww...Cookie is so sweet. I'm afraid Giroux would not be as patient as Biscuit. Giroux would want to "help". LOL

    ReplyDelete