Saturday, February 9, 2019

January, In a Blur

So far, the whole resolution thing isn't getting off to a good start.  On the plus side, there has been knitting, and whole lot of other fun.

First the mini-mania scarf I cast on over the holidays, for social knitting.   This came about because at the last charity knitting meetup in November, a young woman showed up with bags and bags and more bags of yarn.  She explained that she had been part of a college based knitting group, and when all the out of area students headed away after graduation, they destashed and asked her to find a home for the yarn.  There was a lot of it, and much was very nice.  So I was able to restock my depleted worsted weight stash as well as getting a bunch of other fun yarns.  Including a bag of mini-skeins.  I paired them up with an odd skein of fingering weight, and started another linen stitch scarf:

I'm just past the halfway mark, and was ripe for distraction, so I started switching off with some fast motivational charity knits:

These are both the same yarn, incidentally.   The second one is closer to the true color. 

Then a local knitter sent out the call for preemie hats for a local NICU.   These teeny little hats are like potato chips.  It's impossible to stop with just one. 





Yous see what I mean?  Crack is less addictive.  I feel sure there will be a few more of these falling off the needles before the streak burns itself out.

Just for variety, I switched back to the green worsted for another hat and mittens set.  A bunch of it was triple wound and knit into a partial sweater so I rewound it back into single strands.  Biscuit helped. 


Of course to get this kind of knitting done, there had to be some compatible other activities- I knit at the Boston Celtic Music Festival.

I knit while playing board games.  (I lost, but that wasn't the fault of the knitting.  My opponents were wily.  The game is Power Grid, the UK map, for the curious.)

And I knit in the car while my husband drove us back and forth to all these, plus to the annual Amherst Railway Society show.   This year they had 9.3 acres of models- 400,000 square feet of floor space.   It was impressive.

(Mom, look, the layout had a quilt store!) 

The LEGO layout featured a Dalek, the Doctor's police box, and Batman, among many others.

So, now it's February, and we have whole new slate of diversions planned to distract us from the gray weather.  I'll be back to tell you all about it someday soon.  

2 comments:

  1. Great collection of knits!
    Biscuit is looking very regal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like your year is off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete