1. You walk out of the house in the morning, and bracket on your thermos cracks from the cold.
2. Half your hair is clinging to your polar fleece, the rest is standing straight up on end.
3. You think that leaving the mittens in the car isn't a good plan because they're cold when you put them on.
4. The only reason the wind hasn't ripped the tarp off the woodpile is that the edges are frozen to the ground.
5. You've spotted the Olympic speed-skating team at practice in the street in front of your house. (My city thinks that de-icing chemicals are a frivolous waste of taxpayer money.)
6. There are more degrees of wind chill than there are degrees of temperature.
7. "In the Bleak Midwinter" starts to sound like a reasonable name for a Christmas carol. (Yes, I know Israel is a desert. Work with me.)
8. Knitting yourself long underwear starts to sound like not just a good idea, but an imperative one.
Hope everyone is keeping warm out there!