Monday, February 14, 2011

Surprise

Today I got home and found a package waiting for me. And to my delight, it contained:

A new knitting bag, from Toni, inspiration and originator of last year's 100 project challenge. (This year, she's doing 111. I chickened out of that one.) I love the little embroidered balls of yarn.

It also had huckleberry coffee (which I haven't tried yet) and some lovely toffee. (Biscuit was fascinated with this--it was quite hard to get pictures of anything other than blurry cat heads. I finally had to lure him off the table so I could finish.)

The toffee is a Boise Idaho product and quite delicious. Jonathan thinks so too. It probably makes me a better person to share the toffee rather than hide it and eat it all myself, right? It is Valentine's Day after all.

And last but not least, an embroidered towel!

I'm a little unsure what to make of 'complex and fruity' but then we've already agreed that my sanity is a little questionable. Certainly it will look very stylish in my kitchen! (The color even matches my tile.)

Thanks, Toni, for a lovely surprise!

2 comments:

  1. ooo, ooo, i want a bag like that! not badly enough to actually complete 100 projects in a year (or even attempt it), but still...

    enjoy your treats. you deserve them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! I'm glad it got there!

    LOL! That is my favorite towel design, but it wasn't until I had cheerfully embroidered about 10 of them that I realized they might be slightly tricky to give away because no one is exactly sure what to think of the "complex and fruity" part. :)

    ReplyDelete