Saturday, April 19, 2014

Someone...

...would like to wish you a Happy Easter.
That would be me.  Biscuit is too busy trying to eat the packaging the tulips came in.
Not to mention that he is a cat, and his only interest in holidays is that people might be around and doing Something Interesting.  In this case, Something Interesting is cleaning.  If my primary focus in life were to entertain the cat, I'd have a very clean house, because he is fascinated by it.   As it is, I'll be lucky to have it tidy enough not to be overly embarrassing when my family arrives on Sunday.  (Who can get their brain around cleaning when there's so much yarn in the world, I have to ask?)

In sock news, all non-conforming cables have had their attitudes ruthlessly adjusted.  And the sock is finally progressing again in a non-retrograde direction.

And I still haven't taken a picture of the new yarn.  Next time.  Ciao, people.  See you on the other side of the Easter egg. 

8 comments:

  1. I just had to fix some cables (or really, places where cables were supposed to happen and didn't) in the Lempster sweater I'm knitting for my mom. D'oh! I'm now keeping track of what row I'm on by my usual method--listing out row numbers and writing what repeat I'm on. 1-1-2 2-1-2 3-1-2 and so on. The nice thing is that the cabling rows (honeycomb!) are just arduous enough to make me gird myself before starting them, but not so much that I groan when I see I left off on a plain row and have to start on a cable row.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a cool pattern- but I can see how tracking rows would be an issue. D'Artagnon is actually a pretty simple pattern, so I don't get why I keep messing it up!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like Biscuit is quite the character...and a good helper. Ha. He's very handsome. And your socks...FABULOUS! Love the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Biscuit is by far the most people-oriented of our three cats. The other two are friendly and affectionate, but don't necessarily pay much attention to us unless we're opening a can. Biscuit, on the other hand, follows us around, begs for toys, loves to be brushed and is in general happiest when he's interacting with people.

      Delete
  3. Good thing Biscuit doesn't live here--he would have died of heartbreak waiting for me to clean by now.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, no-- he's quite keen on cooking and sewing, and I'm sure the gardening/canning season would be a great source of entertainment. Imagine, salsa, now with extra cat hair!

      Delete
  4. What a gorgeous sock. And cat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Biscuit is a sweetie, but not the brightest cat on the block. When he gets an idea (like eating the plastic) in his fuzzy little head, it can be quite a while before a new thought happens along to dislodge it.

      Delete