It's been an unusually hot summer for new England, and although I haven't been especially bothered by the heat, I don't think I realized how much I'd slowed down through it until it finally cooled off some this weekend. And suddenly I really wanted yarn in my hands. And things started to happen. For example, I found the ambition to take some photos.
And a pair of socks got finished.
These were my 'social socks'- some good plain knitting for parties and the occasional video I see.
The lace socks aren't anti-social exactly, but they need good light and more attention than plain stockinette. Also the yarn is incredibly hard to photograph. This is a pretty good photo of how the pattern (Oriel by Charlene Schurch) is looking.
But the color is all wrong. The above photo looks blue, and the yarn is more greeny purply with flashes of blue. This photo shows the green and purple, but the color balance still isn't right. I'll have to keep trying.
And then the hat that stalled out months ago, I finally bit the bullet and charted the pattern. It's written out line by line, and is perfectly clear, but every time I picked it up it took me several minutes to remember where I was in the pattern. I find charts much quicker- and because I can see where the pattern is going, often I don't even have to consult it for rounds at a time. So the hat is once again moving.
Hopefully this is an omen for all my projects!
...now I need to go persuade a certain fluffy cat not to eat the plastic bag he's chewing on.