1. You get to the coffeepot for the third time...and realize you've forgotten to bring your mug for the third time.
2. The fire alarm maintenance guy tests the alarm and your first thought is to say, "Go 'way and lemme sleep."
3. Knit 2, purl 2 seems challenging and complex.
4. You get an email proposing the family get-together be held on Christmas Eve rather than Christmas Day and immediately start wondering if you should pull an all-nighter to finish holiday knitting. (Then you get a grip, remember that everything on the A-list (stuff it is reasonable to finish) is done and you're working on the B-list (stuff that is ludicrous to think will be done but I'm trying anyway. Note that my family doesn't expect this...it's my very own brand of crazed goal-orientation at work.)
5. You put coffee in the filter to brew a new pot, put the empty pot on the burner and forget to press 'brew'. (Fortunately this was not me, but one of my co-workers. I was the one who came along in time to rescue the empty pot before it broke.)
6. You finally remember to actually pour the coffee, and then set your mug down somewhere and have to ransack the building to find it again.
7. You start thinking this list ought to be called "Seven Reasons to Think You May Be Drinking Too Much Coffee".
8. You find yourself staring into the computer monitor and can't remember what you were about to do.
9. You discover that you have forgotten how to count to seven.