Thursday, January 17, 2008

La, a Note to Follow Sew

In between work and karate practice, I hung out in a bookstore for an hour and finished the hat:
Photobucket

To get the clean color transitions in ribbing, I used the trick of knitting the first row after the color change. I spotted this on a blog quite recently (within the last month or two), also for a hat, but I can't for the life of me remember where. And while a Google search has turned up a couple of mentions of this trick, I'd love to find the blog that I read it on. Anyone?

And now that the hat is sewn up, I've stopped wondering if it's big enough and have started wondering if it's *too* big! I tried it on and ribbing aside, it slithered right down over my eyes until my nose stopped it. Then of course I had to go measure my own head to try and figure out if it's exceptionally small- seems there's a five and a half inch difference in head circumference between me and the intended recipient. I'll hopefully be seeing him this weekend, and will find out if it fits!

Other than that, I'm still sewing drape, and finally got a finished picture.
Photobucket

As it turns out, there's more drape pinned now than I can sew tonight and pass along before the weekend, so the sewing will continue on the weekend and into next week. My goal for the weekend is to get enough done that I can get the library cleaned up and move the mess back into the sewing room.

No comments:

Post a Comment